Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sticking With It

It's Thursday.

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I wanted to begin posting here weekly. I mentioned Thursday, and Thursday it is, so here we are.

Let's review my current goals:

-Update blog once a week (CHECK)
-Reach out to other artists online (specifically at SVS and on Twitter) (CHECK)

I haven't made it back over to SVS this week, but I have been preparing some things to share on the forums. I try to tweet every day, and it's so awesome when I hear back from people! Jill Loraine Turpin was one such tweet-er who I "met" on twitter. I recently came across her great comic which chronicles the life of homeschooling her kids and shares her other art/illustrations as well. Check it out!

An upcoming goal is for me to have ordered my business cards by the end of November. Here's what I'm considering putting as the image:


I know what you're thinking: "this is the same owl you use everywhere!" Ah, but it's not. The one I've been using is a heavily edited old and bad photograph. Something about it - either due to it being from five years ago or the Photoshop touch-ups - bothered me, so I decided to re-do him. I'm not so sure I like how it turned out, I think I'll put a couple different card designs up for voting/advice in the near future.

(for my earlier post on business cards go here)

I also finished THIS!

Baby Capricorn-Goldfish!

An old Sketch Dailies prompt that I combined with Inktober.

I was so so nice to just spend a day with my paints. I've been using acrylic a lot for work, so it was good to go back to watercolor.

Ok, that's all for this Thursday. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you said hi! You're my new favorite artist. Your illustrations are completely charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comics really delight and inspire me :)

      Delete