Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Paint Day 8: Red Bird, Blue Bird...

Let's review the rules of my Paint Day personal bootcamp:

-Paint for at least 20 mins a day (weekdays)
-Post the results here
-Rinse and repeat until I reach 20 days

Like with Draw Day, I haven't been using Paint Day to work on other projects. They're just supposed to be fun, simple, personal projects that have no other purpose than to give me some extra painting practice.

(Or stress relief.)

Like I said on Paint Day 6, things are a little crazy right now. I wanted to loosen up even more, so I got out my ink and just... went at it.

Here's my first "chill out" bird:

I am a spray-on tattoo.

Then I did a bit of sketching first:

The colors!

I wanted to do something more water-color-y, just see what kind of cool effects I could get (and most of these effects are ones I'm avoiding when I work on a piece!) I like the second one, it's pretty silly and colorful. I'll probably tape him up; he'll look good next to all the colorless to-do line art I have fluttering on the walls...

In Other News:

Just submitted my entry for July's Third Thursday over at SVS! Jack and the Beanstalk this time. I'll let you know how it goes!



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I really loved your rendition, especially of the goose, the color and arc of the neck are really lovely. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm honored that you took time to look at my work and comment on it!

      Delete