Monday, July 13, 2015

Paint Day 6: King Elk

Here's what I did today:

Snarl. Grr. I am an elk.
(reference)

I should not have taken this guy on this morning. I was feeling a bit stressed and rushed, and I would have been better off painting something like this today. I'm in a time-crunch of sorts, and things are just a bit crazy here at home, and will be for the next two months.

I especially rushed the drawing: his legs are way too long, and his head is too small. (Plus, I didn't mean to make him look so angry/snarly. I was going more for calm, regal...)

So I fixed it in Photoshop:

There. All better.


Okay, I know that's not remotely fixed. BUT I am trying to take a mixed-media approach as I continue with my art, keeping some things traditional and doing some things digitally.

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment