Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Draw Day 15: Elephants

I know I said I would try not to use my daily drawing for commission sketches, but today I had nooo ideas... last night, L texted me, asking for a commission. (I'm guessing it's a surprise, so I'm not going to say any more than that.)

One of the things she mentioned was baby elephants or hummingbirds, but she wasn't sure which, so I doodled them together:

Oops. Always try to draw elephants further away from the edge of your sketchbook.

I've been having some computer trouble, and my scanner and I are still getting to know each other. (See all the "noise" on the top right corner near the bird?) If anyone has any scanning tips (I have an Epson Perfection V600) I'd be glad to hear them.

Then I continued to be stumped, stuck, uhg, so I got big and loose:

Very sketchy

(Wow, now that I uploaded it, I can see what I did to the background... heh.)

Then, I was messing around with it on PS Elements 11, and accidentally did this: 

Very Photoshop-y

Hmm. I could probably play with adjustments for hours, haha. 

Feel free to leave any comments or critiques! 

No comments:

Post a Comment