Sunday, June 7, 2015

Draw Day 13: Dino Soldier

I feel bad that yesterday's drawing was so lame... one thing I'm realizing in doing this, is that it gets hard to come up with something when I have just a certain time of the day to work.

Since yesterday's drawing lacked finish and detail, I decided to ramp it up a bit for today.

Here is the result of watching Star Trek late into the night, Jurassic World trailers, and growing up on Akira Toriyama:

(very quickly cleaned up in Photoshop...)

My husband wanted me to add the unpolished scan, so here it is: 


He said he likes the darker one because it looks like you're looking at it though a sandstorm. I think it looks like... I don't know how to use my scanner.

But I think Dino Soldier is cool, so he'll probably be showing up again.

Self critique: his belly area is a little strange. I admit I just didn't know what I was doing there. And the size/angle of the different parts of the armor could be adjusted.

Feel free to leave your critique below! And thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment