Friday, June 12, 2015

Draw Day 18: Robot Weedy Sea Dragon


It's Friday night, and that means ye olde inspiration was running low for today's hour.

While at work, I decided I would draw a weedy sea dragon (apparently they're actually call leafy sea dragons, which is why I kept finding this) but once I decided on the subject, I had to stick with it. No wasting time changing the subject, just... make something of it.

I then had to figure out how to make the subject more interesting.

I couldn't think of anything.

So I just started drawing the booooring weedy/leafy sea dragon, and when I was drawing in its eyes, I was reminded of those WWII-era gas masks...

Then, logically, it became a robot.

"Are you my mummy?"

It's not steampunk, or mech/tech, or any of those cool things that I don't really know the parameters of. It's .... scrap-punk, which occurs when you like both steam punk and hardware stores, but don't fully understand either.

Okay, have a happy Friday!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment